Product testing is notoriously difficult to manage.
Documenting and tracking the large number of test cases involved is daunting
and information can easily be lost as personnel come and go. Consistent
test execution from one release to another is difficult to achieve.
Comparing results for prior and current test runs is problematic and time
ApTest Manager solves these challenges by recording
and tracking the tests used in your software and hardware testing projects and
the results of running them. Testing information becomes instantly
available to everyone - always accurate, always current.
Using ApTest Manager:
- Consistent procedures and results can be counted on
across changes in products as well as in test staff.
- Test requirements,
specifications, and procedures are available across the organization and can
be easily administered and evolved.
- Test results and project schedules can be viewed
at any time and automatically compared to results from previous tests.
- Web-based access to test requirements, specifications, plans, and results, notes, and related information
- Centralized repository for requirements, tests, and results
- Instant availability of projects status and detail reports
- Information can be shared organization-wide and with customers and vendors
- Common UI and reports for varied tests and test environments
- Easy installation and configuration
Improve Process and Productivity
- Consistent test procedures within and across projects
- Use previous projects to estimate future schedules and resources
- Reuse tests and projects for continuous process improvement
- Improved testing efficiency and collaboration
- Information sharing between development and QA
- Test information won't be lost due to staff turnover
- Consistent organization of tests from varied sources
- Tests can be applied throughout the development life-cycle
- Highly configurable and flexible
- Template-driven - customizable to match existing processes and procedures
- Define your own layouts for requirements and tests, test environments, results codes, etc.
Complete QA Management Solution
- Consistent, easy to use web-based test definition, execution, and reporting
- Multiple users can work concurrently
- Easy import of existing requirements, tests, and procedures
- Test and requirement names can be user defined strings or auto-assigned numbers
- Assign Test Cases to testers for authoring, execution
- Track Test Case execution times, total run time, and compare to expected schedule
- Common administration and reporting for manual and automated testing results
- Context sensitive on-line help
- Full user and programmer documentation
Integrated Requirements Management
- Create new Requirements and manage existing ones
- WYSIWYG, word processor style editor for entering requirement data
- Requirement information can be entered in any language
- Ability to copy Requirements and perform bulk updates
- Automatically generate tests from Requirements
- Unlimited file attachments to Requirements: screen shots, product documentation, etc.
Flexible Test Specification
- Create new Test Cases and manage existing ones
- Organize your Test Cases any way you want: by product, release, component, test type, etc.
- Link Requirements and tests in one-to-one, many-to-one, and one-to-many relationships
- Organize your Requirements any way you want: by type, source, priority, etc.
- WYSIWYG, word processor style editor for entering test case data
- Test information can be entered in any language
- Ability to copy Test Cases and perform bulk updates
- Unlimited file attachments to Test Cases and results: screen shots,
product documentation, etc.
Elegant, Simple Test Execution
- Execution of different subsets of tests within projects
- Support for compatibility testing in different test environments
- Guide manual testers in executing tests
- Import results from test automation tools
- See in real time which tests have been run and how much remains to do
- Automated regression comparison of new and previous results
- Assess the performance of individual testers
- Review requirements traceability and coverage
- Automatically detect areas of low project test coverage
- Unlimited number of saved report configurations
- Automatic notification of users via email for a variety of trigger events
Integration with Third party Tools
- Revision control tools - track changes to tests and requirements
- Bug tracking tools (JIRA, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.) - create bugs from
test information; link bugs to tests and tests to bugs
- Tests and reports can be easily exported to Excel or Access
- Import information from test automation
- Create user accounts via LDAP (Active Directory, etc.)
ApTest Manager can be installed on any web server that supports the
CGI 1.1 interface on any operating system supporting Perl 5.8 or higher.
This includes Apache and Microsoft's IIS on Windows and Apache on Linux,
UNIX, and Mac OS X systems. ApTest Manager performs best on platforms using
Apache and mod_perl.
ApTest Manager can be used on virtually any hardware platform but
for production use a server system of contemporary vintage is desirable.
A recommended minimum configuration for PC-based systems is a Xeon®
class processor with 1-2GB of memory and 20-40GB of free disk space (depending on the size of
your test case inventory). This server may be shared with other applications
and does not need to be dedicated to ApTest Manager (though a more complex
server may be required in this scenario).
ApTest Manager can be accessed from most common browsers including
Netscape 7.0 and above, Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Chrome,
Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Mozilla 1.0 and above.
A single installation of ApTest Manager can be used
enterprise-wide, supporting any number of tests for any number
ApTest Manager is tested with Test Suites containing 60,000 Test Cases
and operation by 100 simultaneous users. Performance is a function of
server hardware, software, and configuration.
ApTest Manager's GUI lets you customize your Test Suites to
match your test process and requirements.
- The fields that make up a Test Case and their type (text, menu, table, etc), size, and default value.
- The layout of fields in edit, run, and report screens.
- The attributes associated with test execution (hardware environment, software environment, tester, etc.).
- The results that can be assigned to a Test Case when it is run.
Each Test Suite may have its own separate custom settings for
each of these areas.
You can configure ApTest Manager to integrate with your existing tools for
source code control and bug tracking.
ApTest Manager is distributed in source form and can be extended to operate
in unique applications such as driving simulators and automated testing for
Our professional services team has extensive experience
in building ApTest Manager based applications and would be happy to discuss
your requirements with you.