Motif Test Suite - VSM4
The VSM4 test suite verifies the compliance of implementations of Motif 1.2 and 2.0 with Open Group specifications. Complete testing is performed for widgets, convenience functions, and header files.
VSM4 is a superset of the OSF/VTS test suite, offering a number of significant additional features:
- libXm coverage has been expanded, with tests for more than 100 additional functions.
- Code coverage for existing libXm tests has been improved.
- More than 400 header file tests have been added.
- Numbers of defects have been repaired, improving both reliability and portability.
- Implementation under the Test Environment Toolkit (TET), facilitating easy integration with existing test suites.
- Sophisticated test report generator facilitates analyzing problems and achieving compliance.
- Utility for comparing results from multiple test runs facilitates regression testing.
- A new, easier to use installation mechanism has been incorporated into the suite.
- POSIX-style assertions are provided for all tests resulting in tightly integrated, superb visibility to failing test element.
- A User's Manual has been produced to assist the user in configuring and executing the suite.
- IEEE Std. 1295-1993 scenario for use in NIST APP certification, subject to NIST recognition.
VSM4 is employed by The Open Group in its conformance branding program for Motif and the Common Desktop Environment (CDE).